Sensory Processing Overview
Trainer: Susan Kerton-Locascio OTR/L
Susan has been practicing in pediatrics for 22 years with focus on sensory processing, primitive reflex integration and motor coordination. Susan has practiced in a number of setting: Sensory integration clinics, in client’s homes and in private, charter and public schools. Susan has worked with children with a variety of conditions and diagnoses including ASD, SLD, ADD/ADHD, CP, DD and Down syndrome.
Sensory Agenda for training:
- What is sensory processing?
- The sensory systems explained (in brief!)
- Proprioception-body position
- Auditory-sound processing
- Gustatory/olfactory- taste and smell
- Why do we care about sensory? Dual roles- protection and exploration
- How can you tell if a child has sensory processing difficulties.
- Sensory processing and learning, memory and behavior, stress, anxiety and sleep