Sensory Processing Overview
Training will be provided by Susan Kerton-Locascio OTR/L. Susan will review the following agenda for parents and providers working with young children:
- What is sensory processing?
- The sensory systems explained
- Proprioception-body position
- Auditory-sound processing
- Gustatory/olfactory- taste and smell
- Why do we care about sensory? Dual roles- protection and exploration
- How can you tell if a child has sensory processing difficulties.
- Sensory processing and learning, memory and behavior, stress, anxiety and sleep